To create the perfect tailor made kilt, we’re going to need your measurements! In this handy guide from The Scotland Kilt Company, you can learn how to take your measurements to help us create the perfect kilt.
How To Measure Yourself For A Tailor Made Kilt?
Ideally, you should always have a partner available to do the measuring. All you’ll need to begin taking your measurements is a friend or family member and a tape measure! Follow the below steps to get your vital statistics:
- Chest – Place the tape underneath the armpits and make sure it is covering the shoulder blades. Measure snugly after this. This will give us your jacket measurement. Jackets are an integral part of creating a traditional Scottish outfit.
- Kilt Waist – Kilts are generally worn higher than trousers; roughly 1-2 inches above the belly button. Measure how you would someone’s waist but measure their naval. This will give the kilt waist measurement.
- Kilt Length – To find the correct kilt length for you, kneel down on the ground with a straight back and keep looking forward. Then, take the tape measure and measure from the floor to above the belly button. Remember to keep looking straight ahead. If you don’t the measurement will change!
- Seat – Put your feet together and then measure the broadest part of your hips to find correct size seat for your tailor made kilt.
- Inside Leg – This can be done without measuring yourself! Simply measure the inside leg of a well fitting pair of jeans or trousers from the crotch down to trouser hem to find your inside leg measurements.
- Collar Size – Measure around the neck, just underneath the Adam’s apple, but leave a finger’s space. You want to be able to breathe after all!
- Waist To Ankle – This measurement is for ladies looking for full length kilts. As the name suggests measure from your waist down to your ankle.
Once you’ve taken these measurements, you can send them to us and we can begin the process of exquisitely tailoring a kilt especially for you!
Scotland’s Finest Kilts And More
From hand stitched kilts, made to measure jackets, sgian dubhs, belt buckles and Scottish made sporrans; we have a huge variety of kilts and kilt accessories for men, woman, boys and girls. We are proud to say we work with the finest weavers in Scotland to offer you a vast range of tartans. If you’re tartan isn’t in stock, we can have it woven for you and create a kilt that’ll fit you perfectly. Please contact us today with your requirements and we’ll try our very best to meet them. At The Scotland Kilt Company, customer satisfaction is our number one priority. If for any reason you’re unsatisfied with any of our products, we have a very fair and open returns policy. See our website for more information. To learn more about how we can create a tailor made kilt for you for any occasion, please send us an email today at firstname.lastname@example.org, give us a call on 0131 553 3472 or send us a message via our online contact page.